Skip to main content

New Classroom Tools

Hello!

In class I was introduced to 2 new technology resources, Piktochart and Inspiration.

Piktochart is used to create info-graphics and posters. I only tried the free version, but it was still fun. There are many templates, layouts, and images to use! I decided to create a tool for students to use when learning about simplifying expressions. It shows the simplification strategies and links to a video for more examples. (Using the CPM Math curriculum.)






Inspiration is a computer program that teacher and students can use to create graphic organizers. I signed up for a free trial, but when I have my own classroom I would like to have access to this program! I created a concept web for the types of solutions you might get after solving an equation.

Unfortunately, If you don't have the program, my links won't work. I see this as a disadvantage to using this program and am still trying to figure out a way around this.

What do you think? Would you use these resources I have created to help teach simplifying and solving equations? Have you ever used these programs in class?

*Miss Emma*

Comments

  1. Hi Emma,

    This is a wonderful post about what we went over this week! I really like your story web and find it useful for solving an equation! I hope spreadsheets this week go well for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment