Skip to main content

The Power of Google Drive

Good evening!

I am getting a little overwhelmed with the amount of school work I have right now, but at least it's all fun and interesting!! I start my second classroom placement in a few weeks. This time I will be at the middle school where I attended. It will be so fun to go back!

In Instructional Technology last week we learned about using Google Drive/Docs in the classroom. I had to create a pretend grade book in Google Spreadsheets. It was fairly easy because it works a lot like Microsoft Excel. One thing I found to be useful was creating charts. In many ways it is easier to do extra things like this on Google Spreadsheets than in Excel. It was easy to manipulate the data that I wanted to include. I liked the variety of charts/graphs and also how easy it is to customize them. Here is a screenshot of my grade book!



I also used Google Forms to create an online math test. I had used Google Forms once before, but this was fun to see how I can use it in the classroom. I know that a lot of students are taking tests online now, so I definitely think I will use this in the future. After it was created, I acted like a student and took the test. I like how Google Forms has an easy to use response section. It automatically created graphs and charts to show the different answers that were put in. I wonder if this would make grading easier, but I know it will make looking at grade data a lot easier! In this screenshot you can see the questions tab and the responses tab. Students would not see the responses tab!


I'm off to explore some of my classmates' blogs!

-*Miss Emma*


Comments

  1. I also found google spreadsheets and forms very interesting and helpful to use! I also found the charts very user friendly and much like Microsoft Excel. Both of your postings look wonderful and look like you spent a lot of time making them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma! I enjoyed the Google Docs assignment as well. I did not know that you could do so much with both the sheets and forms options! I created a Google form for the parents of my students to fill out at the beginning of the year. I am getting my license in PreK-3, so I wanted to gear my assignment towards that age level as well. I am intrigued to find out more about how to utilize the forms option to create online quizzes. I could create one to check their understanding in more depth and quicker ways than the traditional paper assessment. Do you think online forms (quizzes and/or interest surveys, etc.) would be appropriate for that age level?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment